News And Articles
- HSBC Credit Card Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- BDO Credit Card Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- BPI Credit Card Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- RCBC National Strength Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- CITIBANK in the Philippines Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- How to Transfer Credit Card Balance to another Card Sun, 22 May 2011
- How to Apply for a Credit Card Thu, 19 May 2011
- How Credit Limit Is Determined Wed, 18 May 2011
- Fastest Credit Card Approval Tue, 17 May 2011
- Easy Credit Card Application Mon, 16 May 2011
What is your limit?
In the Philippines (and in most economies), there are no hard and fast rules on determining the credit limit an issuing bank may extend a cardholder. It’s all arbitrary; the figure often seems to come out of thin air, based solely on the bank’s discretion. However, some factors do affect how big (or small) your credit limit can be.
- Your monthly income – Some banks give you a limit that is 20% higher than your monthly income, and some banks give you 20% less than your monthly income.
- How long you have been a creditor – If you have been a credit card holder if that bank for a few years, you may be given a bigger limit than a new applicant.
- The issuing bank’s conservativeness – Citibank and Banco de Oro are often less conservative than most issuing banks; they tend to give higher credit limits. Some of their cards, of course, impose higher interest rates than the cards issued by more conservative banks, like BPI.
- The credit limit on your other cards – If you have credit cards from other issuers, a new issuer might try to give you at least the same credit limit, if not higher, provided that you’ve been responsible in using your current limit. If you pay on time and regularly, other banks will feel more confident in lending you bigger amounts.
- Your desired credit limit – You can oftentimes demand your credit limit, especially if you have a good credit score, meaning, you have a history of being a responsible credit card user. Getting a higher credit limit can be as simple as calling your bank and asking for an increase. They may require you to fax an income tax return or other proof of income. You can also negotiate the limit on new banks trying to get your business by demanding for a certain figure and saying that you will not sign up unless they grant you that figure. If you really are an ideal credit candidate in their eyes, you will get the limit you want.
Featured Credit Cards:
Annual fee of Php5000 and Php2500 for the supplementary cardsEarn free miles with everything you buy.
Get insurance for up to Php20,000,000 for your whole family when traveling anywhere.
Earn 1 point for just Php35 worth of purchase.
The Story of Allied Bank
With a continuously evolving world, Allied Banks’ Mission remains constant. Formally known as Allied Banking Corporation, Allied Bank is one the overall largest banks in the Philippines who in terms of assets rank tenth. The other being the United Coconut Planters Bank, Allied Bank is one of the two universal banks in the Philippines that could not be traded to the Philippine Stock Exchange.
Under the laws of the Philippine Republic, Allied Bank was incorporated on April 11, 1977 and awarded by Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas the Certificate of Authority to run as a commercial bank on May 20, 1977. December 1981, they were granted permission to operate as a universal bank or an expanded commercial bank.
Since December 31, 2007, Allied Bank was the country’s 10th largest in terms of net worth and the 9th largest private domestic commercial bank in terms of total deposits.
Because of Allied Bank’s yearning to provide its cardholders their needs they have created ground breaking services and products that will surely satisfy any customer craving. Allied bank is now delighted to offer their clients the latest and upgraded Allied bank MasterCard Credit Card.
With this new innovation, cardholders are granted the chance to take in enjoyment in both the premium and essential side life offers like dining in fantastic restaurants, shopping in exclusive stores or having that awesome vacation you have always dreamed of.
What’s more, you get to have all these while getting lots of giveaways. Earn one (1) point for every Php50 transaction to redeem them for either free gifts, services, cash points and even Miles.
More than anything else, anyone wants the world to be on the palm of his hand. Allied Bank is here to assist you with getting the life you deserve.
In short, the Allied bank MasterCard Credit Card is here to make everything about life more precious.