News And Articles
- HSBC Credit Card Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- BDO Credit Card Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- BPI Credit Card Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- RCBC National Strength Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- CITIBANK in the Philippines Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- How to Transfer Credit Card Balance to another Card Sun, 22 May 2011
- How to Apply for a Credit Card Thu, 19 May 2011
- How Credit Limit Is Determined Wed, 18 May 2011
- Fastest Credit Card Approval Tue, 17 May 2011
- Easy Credit Card Application Mon, 16 May 2011
Security Bank Credit Cards
Many Filipinos nowadays are considering getting their own credit card but the process of choosing which one to get can be overwhelming because of many choices offered by different banks. First time credit card seekers often choose mainstream credit cards offered by more popular banks, but if you do your research, you can find more options that can be more suitable for your finances.
Security for your finances
Security Bank is often overlooked by first-time credit card users because of bigger and more often used credit cards. However, Security Bank offers a good selection of credit cards tailored for the needs, lifestyle, and personal preferences of different users. A credit card from Security Bank can also qualify you for perks such as five supplementary cards for your immediate family, flexible payment options with an installment program, and convenient payment facilities.
Basic Security Bank credit cards
Security Bank has a line of MasterCard Gold/Classic credit cards, which you can choose if you are first time credit card user. These credit cards give you a waived annual membership fee on your first year, and you can issue a maximum of five supplementary credit cards. It also qualifies you for the Evergreen Rewards points, where every P30 you spend qualifies you to one point.
The interest rate is considered low at 3.25% on transactions, and it also offers a Cash Advance Facility of a maximum of 50% for the MasterCard Gold. Meanwhile, a 30% Cash Advance Facility is offered to the MasterCard Classic.
24-hour customer support
Users can feel secure with their credit card in case they encounter problems or have questions because the customer contact center is available 24/7 and accessible by phone. Paying for bills is also easy with Security Bank’s convenient payment facilities and bills assist program, and users can also qualify for the ChargeLight Installment Program which makes it easy for them to pay for pricey purchases.
Special credit cards
Security Bank also offers specifically tailored credit cards for corporate use and for frequent travelers, such as the Diners Club Premier/International and the MasterCard Corporate Credit Card. The Platinum MasterCard is also offered by Security Bank and it is useful for frequent spenders and travelers who like first class treatment when using their credit card.
Featured Credit Cards:
- Pay an annual fee of Php1550 for your primary card. Plus you get FREE Php200 worth of fuel once you receive your Petron-BPI MasterCard!
- Get FREE Full Tank every year with its 3% fuel rebate!
- Avail of a finance charge of just 3.4%
- Get 24-hour Roadside Assistance and Towing Service wherever and whenever you need it!
- Relish on very exclusive privileges and discounts on car dealerships and car accessory merchants only with your Petron-BPI MasterCard!
HOW TO PICK THE BEST AMONG THE REST: CHOOSING THE RIGHT CREDIT CARD FOR YOU
With all the offers you get form credit card companies, you may feel a little overwhelmed about what kind of credit card suits you best. Here, at comparecreditcards.com, have a few tips for you in choosing the appropriate credit card for you before you say the big “yes” to any credit card company or get carried away with solicitations over the phone or via mail.
Find out your basic goals. Ask yourself; Why do I need a credit card? You can’t just go and apply for a credit card just to be “in” with another crowd.
Next, determine how much you are prepared to pay for the annual fees and how much you plan to spend every month. This will help you start selecting a credit card that is within your budget.
Now do the research. Go to online resources (like comparecreditcards.com) to find out everything you need. If you have free time, drop by at the banks to inquire personally about all the things you need to find out. These should include the following:
- The annual fee
- Required minimum period
- Finance charges
- The credit card issuer providing the credit line and its size
- The extension period (interest free days) before the payment should be made.
Review all the credit cards your have researched. Base your choice of credit card to the one that bests suits your lifestyle and personality. Always remember to choose the credit card that proposes the BEST DEAL for you. For example, don’t go for a credit that offers you free miles if you don’t have any plans of traveling abroad! Get the point?
Now that you know what to do, start looking up your resources and find out the best credit card suited for you.