News And Articles
- HSBC Credit Card Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- BDO Credit Card Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- BPI Credit Card Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- RCBC National Strength Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- CITIBANK in the Philippines Wed, 08 Sep 2010
- How to Transfer Credit Card Balance to another Card Sun, 22 May 2011
- How to Apply for a Credit Card Thu, 19 May 2011
- How Credit Limit Is Determined Wed, 18 May 2011
- Fastest Credit Card Approval Tue, 17 May 2011
- Easy Credit Card Application Mon, 16 May 2011
No Annual Fee Credit Card
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a credit card without having to pay for annual fees? Now you can. In the Philippines, Metrobank is the only credit card provider that offers a credit card with no annual fees. While these “premium” cards are not recommended for those with a limited budget, these premium cards are useful for those with a lot of money to spend and for individuals who already have enough points to waive your annual fee.
The M Free MasterCard is the Metro Bank credit card with no annual fee. As a user, you are also provided with value-added perks and services including the following:
‘M here! Advantages
- Get discounts, great deals, and free gifts with the Metrobank M Credit Card at M Here! partner establishments.
- Bills2Pay: This service lets you pay your utility bills with ease using your Metrobank credit cards
- Supplementary cards: Your loved ones and immediate family members can get the benefits of your credit card and you can still be in charge of their spending.
- Cash2Go: You can acquire fast cash against the credit limit and then pay in light monthly installments with your Metrobank credit card.
- Balance Transfer: This lets you make easy installment payments with low interest rates by transferring the balances of your other credit cards to your Metrobank card.
- MTXT: Allows you to determine your credit balance through your mobile phone.
- Cash Rush: Use an ATM to get instant cash.
- Bill Payment: Pay your bills at any PSBank or Metrobank branch or ATM as well as any Bancnet ATM. You can also use MetroPhone, PSBank Remote Banking, Metrobankdirect, and the Metrobank mobile banking.
- Designmycard: Your credit card can be personalized with your favorite picture
If you have an existing credit card but would like to stop paying annual fees, consider calling your credit card provider to ask if you can have your annual fee waived. Most credit card companies and banks are considerate in waiving your annual fee if you have been a loyal customer, and they do it as their way of saying “thank you” for your continued patronage of their products.
Featured Credit Cards:
- Pay a monthly fee of just Php110!
- Get wonderful discounts and privileges with the trendiest shops and stylish clubs!
- Avail of finance charge of 3.4%
- Reload your mobile phone automatically thru SMS and get 24/7 access to credit limit online and through your phone!
- Maximize your spending power with the BPI Edge MasterCard as you enjoy discounts and perks with your friends in over 30 million institutions worldwide!
- Earn 1 Reward Points with just Php50 worth of transaction charged with your card!
Should you let your kid have his own credit card?
Fact: there is already an increase of teens and college students who have their own credit cards. Credit card companies now aim on the two groups since they are the ones who spend more money than adults.
Educate your child on how to manage spending with a credit card. Parents an even use instances in the present state of affairs as an example to discuss to kids the pros and cons of credit cards.
Smaller credit limits are usual with these types of cards and while it may be easy to apply for one, credit card companies charge large interest rates and fees to the teenage credit card holders.
People who are below 18 are not legitimate in obtaining credit cards without the consent of their parents. Unfortunately, some kids fill out forms and receive credit cards without the knowledge of their parents. To avoid this, talk to them and help them realize the importance of beginning a solid credit history with their first card. Emphasize that it is of utmost importance to their future.
As a parent, start by reading the guidelines with your child. Make sure you call to attention all the terms written on the fine print. Avoid coming to the rescue if the bills get way out of control. This will teach him to be responsible in handling his money. A credit card spent by a teenager and paid by his parents initiates bad credit habits
Let the child bear in mind that his credit card sho uld be used in emergencies only. Monitor ALL his spending activities. Some credit cards even allow the parents to create their own credit limit for the supplementary cards. This is very logical especially if you are too busy with your career.
Parents can help their kids spend sensibly with the correct use of credit cards. At this early stage, it is better to prepare them in the reality of life by teaching them not to abuse its benefits.